How many days is for acute hiv infection?
HIV can not be diagnosed without confirmatory pathological test.
Hi LM 953190,
Thank you for the query. I understand your concern.
If you had intact condom on while the sexual act... the possibility of HIV infection is remote.
Mostly symptoms can start within few days to few weeks after exposure to HIV infection. The mostly symptoms do not heal early they last for prolonged time ..
say upto couple of weeks while accompanying enlarged lymph nodes remain longer than two weeks.
Few of the patients do not have prolonged symptoms or no symptoms at all .
* HIV can not be diagnosed without diagnostic pathological tests.
* Early diagnosis is by antigen test (p24) as early as one to eight weeks of exposure.Viral load test can help in diagnosis at this stage.But these tests are not conclusive if they are -ve.
In such case both antigen & antibody test(CIMA test) is performed after 90 days of exposure... & this test gives 99.9% confirmed results in exclusion or confirmation of HIV infection.
I hope that helps.Any follow upquery is welcome
Seems to Beaute viral infection.HIV to be excluded by pathological test
As I have already said... in case you are sure of wearing unpunctured condom during sex.. least possibility of HIV transmission.
The same way the occurance of infection following few days of contact can not presume or discard possibility of infection.
Your symptoms might be viral(as your doctor suggested) the symptoms usually disappear within a week's time.... viral infection with possible HIV infection lasts longer /,allergic .. which gets controlled with anti allergic medicines or secondary bacterial infection(which lasts longer .)&.needs antibiotic.
Though I would not presume(and would suggest to get the possibility confirmed by suitable pathological test)....the short illness with secured sex by use of a condom... it is most likely to be allergic/viral in origin.
please be calmposed &get the doubt cleared by needful CIMA pathological test after 3months of exposure to infection.
I hope that answers your questions.Any follow up query is welcome .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?