How many day before should I take regestrone to postpone periods?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: My periods was due on XXXXXXX 16th. It didnt start till now and there is no chance of pregenancy. I have a religious function to attend on 27th. Either i need to get the periods started today itself so that i will get over completely before 27th, in other case, this needs to be posponed by 10 days.. Will start using regestrone today will help to postpone my periods for a week ?? If so, what is the prescribed dose? waiting for your valuable help in this regard..
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 21 minutes later
Hello, Ideally it should be take 3-4days before the period is due. You could be getting it anytime now. You can wait a couple of days if you want. If not, take 1 tab thrice a day till your function is over.
Follow up: Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
Thanks for the answer doctor.. I didnt start tab early because i have almost a regular period cycle. Since i dont want to take a chance now, as you suggested can i start taking regestrone 5 mg tab three times a day till 27th. Will this defintely help to postpone the cycle. Know its difficult to confirm from your side, but if you have seen the simialr cases working positive, i would be happy .. Please suggest..
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 23 hours later
Hello again XXXXXXX its not possible to confirm but i suggested a higher dose for you. So it should work. You can take upto 10mg thrice a day.