How long will it take for Ursocol 150 to take effect?

Dr. Abhay A Mali

Diabetologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Diabetes
Question: I'm diabetic since 1998 and presently using Duotrol 3 Tabs in the morning and evening 30 minutes before meals. More over taking Macpril 2.5 mg for Kidney safety and Ursocol 150 for Lever . Am I in the right track Sir?? How long Ursocol 150 can be used?
XXXXXXX XXXX
YYYY@YYYY
Age: 56 Years.
Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
U r on right track but requires monitoring.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.

Noted your concern.

You are looking on right track in terms of your medicines but it need to be justified with appropriate investigations.

In such scenario I would have continued your current medicines and would have advised following tests -
1) Blood glucose level Fasting & Postprandial.
2) HbA1c.
3) Lipid Profile.
4) Urine albumin creatinine ratio.
5) Fundoscopy to know any changes of diabetic retinopathy.
6) Renal Function Test.
7) Liver Function Test.

You can continue Tab Ursocol till your Liver enzymes become normal.
Should monitor Blood pressure regularly.

Along with all above I would like to recommend Statin (Lipid lowering medicine) its dose will depend upon your lipid profile.

Hope this helps you,

Dr. Abhay Mali.
Diabetologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D