How long should breastfeeding be done during each session?

Pediatrician
Question
Hi doctor I have some queries for my daughter who is 2.5 month old
1. How long should baby feed during each feed?
2. When can we introduce solids to babies?
3. My daughter is shivering her lips occasionally is it ok?
4. How many days can she go without pooping?
5. How many hours should she sleep per day?
6. She has milia on her face how long will it take for it to go off?
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me try to address the issues one by one.
1. You should breastfeed the baby for not more than 20 to 30 mins at a time, with a minimum interval of two hours and feeding from alternate breast (allowing each breast to fill for 4 hours or more)
2. From 6 months of age
3. Ok
4. The baby can go 10 days without passing stool and can also pass stool 10 times a day. Both are normal. Unless stool is hard and pellet like you need not worry.
5. 20 hours.
6. Can be there for 6 months. Not a cause for concern.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: How long should breastfeeding be done during each session? 37 minutes later
My baby feeds only for 10to 15 min and doesn't feed for more than 10min during night and she hardly sleeps for 12 hours in total is it fine?

Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
It is absolutely ok if the baby feeds for 10-15 mins at a time provided that the baby passes urine for more than 6 times in 24 hours. The baby will get the sleep it requires. You need not bother.