question-icon

How long should Uvox and Oxetol be taken to treat anxiety?

Posted on Tue, 11 Oct 2016
Question: My daughter is taking UVOX 50 mg and oxetol 300 mg for two months due to anxiety. How long should the drug be continued and when to withdraw?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (54 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Most of my pstients require it for more than six months

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Most of my patients who have anxiety episodes require treatment for at least six months and above. If stopped earlier she may have relapse of anxiety.

Regarding treatment I think you need to discuss your doctor about withdrawal of oxetol as it is not required for longer time in case of pure anxiety. If she had some comorbid condition that it is ok to continue but in case she had only pure anxiety, in that case a call can be taken to discontinue oxetol.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist