How long should Conceva be taken?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: My gynaec prescribed me Conceva tablets for 2 months when I went to see her in August. I was thinking of starting to plan a baby in October. Now 2 months are up, so should I continue eating the tablets? I am not pregnant yet and I am not sure for how long should I continue it?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
medicine to be continued for at least next 2 months

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to hcm ,
CONCEVA F is a preconception medication which is generally started 3 months prior to plan for conception to look after any folic acid , or mineral or VIT-D3 deficiency which helps in pregnancy removing any mineral deficiencies which can be causative for unexplained infertility.
If you have already taken it for 2 months , it is suggested that you should continue it regularly for atleast 2 more months. In the meantime , you can try for natural conception this month keeping in view of your fertile period and the medicine can be safely continued.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 17 hours later
Thanks for your reply Doctor. One more thing, in the past two months, due to some reasons, I had to skip the tablets for like a week or so. I hope that is fine?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
As these are multivitamin tabs , so its fine if you have missed few tabs. because these are not hormonal tabs so you need not be concerned about its effects on even on your cycles.
Ensure taking it regularly hence forth.