How long should Cipro be taken when traces of blood in urine are detected?
Did you get a urine test? No more ciprofloxacine
Cipro for 10 days is largely sufficient to treat any infection. If the blood still persists, no more Cipro would change this. I recommend against taking further Cipro.
The most important thing to do is to identify the source of this blood in urine. If we don't do this, we would not know exactly what we are treating. I will request and abdominal ultrasound and always a complete urinalysis and microscopy.
I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well.
Dr. Ivo Ditah
Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cipro blood in urine
- Cipro dark urine
- Is frequent urination a side effect of cipro?
- Intense burning visible blood in urine taking cipro any ideas
- Is cloudy urine a side effect of cipro?
- Have uti vaginal bumps allergic to cipro itching urinating blood
- Taking cipro uti urine cloudier
- Is increased urination a side effect of cipro?
- Does cipro cause dark urine
- Is dark urine a side effect of cipro?