How long should BP and diabetes medication be taken?
2 yrs back I was identified with high bp, high cholesterol level and diabetes.Doctor has prescribed Gemer 2, Telma 20 and Tonact tg.I have been having these regularly along with proper diet and exercise.In my last check up and one pior to the all the 3 levels are under control.Can I discontinue the medicine ? or can I discontinue any one to start with?if so which one?My age is 43,height 174cms, weight 73kg
Would not recommend discontinuation of any
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for giving me an opportunity to address your query.
Gemer 2, Telma 20 ad Tonact Tg have been prescribed to keep all the 3 risk factors diabetes, hypertension and blood sugars respectively at bay.
I were to reduce the dose if necessary if all 3 levels are well under control but would not advice to stop any of these since they(3 medications) address 3 different risk factors.It is important to remember that all are under control only because the medications have been taken consistently.This avoids or postpones the future heart attack or stoke (paralysis) and other cardiovascular events.
Suggest 30-40minutes of brisk walking, yoga, pranayama, meditation or other stress relieving activities; low salt diet and other dietary modification.All these shall not only keep you healthy but at the same time prevent the progression and there by dose escalation to control your blood pressures/ sugars and lipids.
Hope this answers your query.
Gemer before food and rest after food
Hi dear.Thanks for writing me back.
Gemer must be taken before breakfast or first main meal.Tonact Tg and Telma should be taken after food.Hope this answers your query.They have to be taken for life.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- On glycomet for diabetes medication changed to galvusmet proper treatment
- Diabetic medications teratogenic
- Diabetic medication during pregnancy safe for fetus
- Metropol diabetic medication
- Digen diabetes medication weight loss
- Suffering with balanitis diabetic medication
- Having diabetes medication for lowering ldl
- Should diabetes medication be changed after an angioplasty
- Converting insulin to oral diabetes medications
- Positive stress test diabetic bp issues stop diabetes medication
- Took risperidal, lorazepam and benztropine. Unable to stand still after...
- When does negative feedback mechanism for hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal...
- Injured nose, cheekbone and lost teeth. Any risk of death?
- Losing weight, stomach is elevated and found a lump under ribcage. What...
- Having premature ejaculation. What could be done?
- Have chronic bronchitis and noticed a lump at the back of throat. What...
- Took Morphine injection, Hydrocodone and ondansetron for strained...
- Child has developed pus cells after taking antibiotics. Advised...
- How to resolve problem of autistic child who masturbates frequently?
- Had cortisone shots in neck. What could be the cause for redness in body?