How long one has to wait for knee replacement after getting a metal implant in femur?
Wait for at least 4 months.
Thanks for posting your query.
Getting a metal rod implant in the femur and a knee replacement both are major surgeries that need a bed rest of 6-8 weeks. Now that you have started walking it is best to wait for at least 4 months before you plan for another major surgery so that your leg muscles gain adequate strength and tone.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rash after knee replacement
- Physiotherapy after knee replacement
- Types of knee replacement implants
- Exercise after knee replacement
- Running after knee replacement
- Kneeling after knee replacement
- Recovery after knee replacement
- Problems after knee replacement
- Activities after knee replacement
- Knee replacement how long is operation