How long medication for hepatitis C should be continued?
The cure rate is about 95%!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about your battle with hepatitis C. I have reviewed your information fully. With the new drugs for the treatment of hepatitis C, the cure rate with a standard 12weeks treatment is more than 95%. I will suggest that you go ahead and talk with your gastroenterologist on this. He would determine what it takes to get you on this new treatment regimen. It is very patient friendly with minimal side effects and very good success rates. As long as you are still infected, there is no point in waiting and you can start the treatment as soon as possible.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Medical nutrition therapy hepatitis c
- What should be the treatment and diet for hepatitis c
- How infectious is hepatitis c
- How is hepatitis c transmitted
- Hepatitis c can hepatitis c be genetic
- Drugs/medication for acute hepatitis c
- Drugs/medication for hepatitis c
- How common are false positives on hepatitis c tests
- Hepatitis b and hepatitis c
- Drugs/medication for chronic hepatitis c