How long is HPG axis suppressed after discontinuing steroid intake?
Since your answers are amongst the best, i would like to ask you something about steroids.
During taking low dose anabolic steroids for three months, possibility is there for HPG axis to be suppressed. But after stopping the steroids how long does the suppression carry on for? Or is the suppression lifted immediately after stopping the steroids??
Thanks and Best Regards
Yes, HPG axis does gets suppressed
Thanks for your query.
Sorry for the late response.
Yes, taking anabolic steroids for three months or more can suppress the HPG axis. The suppression may exist for a month or so and wanes over next 15 days and return to normal. Also, largely it depends on the specific anabolic steroid as the intensity of suppression depends on the potency of the specific steroid taken.
Hope, I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How long on steroids with terminal cancer
- How to use anabolic steroids
- How are anabolic steroids taken
- How steroids affect the body
- Wysolone steroids excess intake
- How long soes it take for steroid injections for bronchitis
- How to inject steroids safely
- How can steroids be ingested
- How to take dianabol steroids
- How to get veterinary steroids