How long does vaginal spotting persists while on birth control pills?
Thanks for your query.
Switching from one type of birth control pill to another is the best method to stop spotting.
And second generation of birth control pill is the birth control pill with fewer risk for deep vein trombosis.
Time that is need to stop spotting isn known but it would stop with the new birth control pill.
Take them as prescribed from your doctor and dont worry so much.
All the best
You can take them.
Hi dear again!
Yes it will be OK if you begin to take 3 generation birth control.
Even thought that the risk of venous thromboembolism appears to be 1.5- to 2.7-fold greater in users of third-generation, compared with second-generation oral contraceptives, but third-generation oral contraceptives are associated with a decreased stroke risk and myocardial infarction.
If your doctor have evaluated your physical status and has agreed to give you 3 generation birth control, you can take them.
All the best and take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is pregnancy possible while on birth control pills
- Birth control pill while pregnant
- Birth control pill spotting
- Taking birth control pills vaginal spotting prolonged periods cycle recommendations
- How to use birth control pill
- Missed birth control pill spotting
- Spotting after birth control pills
- Switching birth control pills spotting
- Spotting while on birth control pills
- What causes bleeding while on birth control pills