How long does torn tendons take to heal post rotator cuff surgery?
Yes the physiotherapy is less intense initially.
Thanks for posting your query.
After the rotator cuff repair, the healing takes 1-2 weeks. Physiotherapy is needed after that to regain the full range of movement. Initially only mild exercise is done that does not caue much pain. Doing too much too fast can cause damage to the repaired cuff. Gradually the exercises are increased in a graded manner to regain the full range of movement.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sleeping after rotator cuff surgery
- Recovery after rotator cuff surgery
- Driving after rotator cuff surgery
- Nerve damage rotator cuff surgery
- Manipulation after rotator cuff surgery
- Rotator cuff surgery recovery sling
- Pt after rotator cuff surgery
- Problems with rotator cuff surgery
- Rotator cuff surgery and driving
- Dressing after rotator cuff surgery