How long does tooth extraction recovery take place?

Dr. Neha Sumra

Dentist

Posted on Mon, 9 Oct 2017 in Dental Health
Question: I need to get my Top Right #3 Tooth Extracted. My Sinus is literally right on it. I have had in my lifetime several Oral Procedures and All was Good. But, this one i am Very Concerned. About 19 years ago a Dentist extracted one of my Upper Tooth, i went home feeling ok, but, than i was Bleeding excessively, down my throat and nose. I immeditely drove myself to an Oral Surgeon and he fixed the problem. Long story short, How Long is the Recovery with this Procedure and will i need a Dental Implant. I dont care if i loose this tooth. But, my lifestlye is Very Active with Lots of Lifting.
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normally it takes 7-10 days for healing

Detailed Answer:
Hi
thanks for writing in.

First of all, I would like to tell you that this upper canine are usually close to sinus. So don't worry about extraction, it will be fine.
Secondly, Its definitely a good idea to go for implant. You don't need to wait for complete healing if you are planning for implant. But it takes time for screw to bind with your tooth for placing implant, which varies from 3-6 months. Its better to consult an oral surgeon as he can guide you better by taking your CT scans.

Hence it will be better if you get it extracted from oral surgeon and ask him for implant.

Hope I answered your query.

Kind Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D