Owl Image

How long does the effectiveness of an anti-rabies vaccine last?

Question
Dear Dr
i have severe rabies phobia..I have taken pre.. exposure prophylaxis of rabies vaccine on day 0 7 and 21 one year back..I have taken 2 boosters 5 days ago also...I have seen a psychiatrist and taking fluvoxamine 300 mg per day with alprazolam and busiprone..But this phobia is kiling me..

I HAVE ALSO TAKEN FULL POST EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS WHEN I WAS BITTEN BY DOG IN 2006 AND 2007..I WANT TO KNOW FOR HOW LONG THESE PRE EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS AND BOOSTERS WILL XXXXXXX ME IMMUNITY?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You don't need any boosters now.

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Welcome to Healthcare Magic. I am Dr Anshul Varshney for your help.
See once completely vaccinated you don't need any re vaccination till 7-10 years.
However following a dog bite, you would need only 2 doses that is on Day 0 and Day 3.
Since you have received them you don't need to worry at all.
I would recommend you to consult your Psychiatrist to add Tab Flupenthixol to your regimen.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query please ask me.