How long does the effect of Oxazepam last?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: how long does THE EFFECT OF oxazepam LAST?
Answered by Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
10-15 hours

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Thanks for using HCM.
Oxazepam is a benzodiazepine and is used to treat anxiety, sleeplessness and to control alcohol withdrawal symptoms.

The effect of oxazepam may last for 10-15 hours.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Barani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist

Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Withdrawal symptoms?

HELLO, I HAD BEEN TAKING LONAZEP 0.5 FROM LAST 3 YEARS. NOW FROM LAST 2 WEEKS I HAVE STOPPED THEM. I AM SUFFERING FROM WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS.CAN...

My mother has been taking geodon and Effexor for several years for fibromyalgia and pain. Dr. Changed prescription to ability and pristiq with no...

Hello. I have been smoking about a pack a day for 5 years. I m 22 male. My bowel movements have been lightly colored, slightly flaky and become...

Can bupropion HCL xl be the cause of my having plantar fascitis or neuropathy? I have taken bupropion HCl xl 300 mg for app. 5 to 6 years. I am 58...

Hi there. I have recently stopped using Citalopram . I was on it for 9 months and tapered off slowly over a period of 5 months. I am getting the...

Hi. I am a bit concerned about the dose of lorazepam that i take. 1mg split in 0.5 morning and evening. It's been 1 month since i started this...

Hi there. I have been on an SSRI( Citalopram ) for 9 months. My highest dose was 20mg per day. I have tapered off slowly over a period of 5 months....

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

HCM Blog Questions Answered
backtotop2