How long does tail bone injury take to heal?
Bruise of tail bone takes 4 weeks to heal
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Sorry to hear about the bruise in the tailbone which is also called coccyx bone. Hope you are not having much pain.
2. Falling and hurting on the tailbone is a common injury and healing time depends on the severity of injury.
3. In your case there is bruise in tail bone and this might take a month to heal. More severe injuries can take 3 months for good healing. Rarely a person might experience slight pain in the tail bone region for a longer duration. Please use a doughnut cushion to sit, it will make you comfortable.
I hope you recover in 2 weeks time. Wishing you a quick recovery.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for tail bone injury
- Migrain after tail bone injury
- Diagnosis of tail bone injury
- Symptoms of tail bone injury
- Tail bone injury developed bump
- Tail bone injury infection
- Tail bone injury stunt growth
- Tail bone injury causes
- Treatment and cure for tail bone injury
- Tail bone injury precautions