How long does swollen throat caused by Adderall intake take to resolve?

Dr. Praveen

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Mental Health
Question: How long will my throat be swollen from adarall 1st time taking it and it was 15mg chest feels tight also legs feel weird too
Answered by Dr. Praveen 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
These are side effects of adderall

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir.Thanks for your query.

As per your description since the discomfort has been observed after ingestion of Adderall I would suspect adverse drug reaction to the medication.With hold adderall and consult your physician and discuss an alternative medication instead. Please donot pop them anymore without further advice from your physician.

Swelling of throat and chest discomfort will subside spontaneously over a few days to week once the medication is stopped
I would suggest salt water gargling 2-3times/day for 2-3 days and Tab.Ibuprofen 400mg after food 2-3 times per day if you have throat pain.

Hope this helps. Get well soon!

Dr.Praveen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad