How long does recovery take after a C-section delivery?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: how much time it takes to heal from c-sec delivery?

how much time it takes to dilute the stitches in and out
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 15 minutes later
Brief answer....it takes around 6 weeks to heal completely.
Detailed answer...
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Although it appears a simple surgery but it is a major surgery and it takes around six weeks to completely recuperate from many discomforts,a female encounters.
This includes sleep deprivation,fatigue and exhaustion,uterus contraction,breast engorgement,soreness of incision site,bloody discharge etc.
In any case a female does recover  in 6 weeks.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

External stitches applied on skin surface are removed in around 6-7 days.
Internal stitches are dissolvable and get dissolved gradually inside.
Thanks