How long does recovery from warts takes?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Men's Health
Question: I had noticed warts on scrotum, they cause no problems at all, however I started using OTC salicylic acid cream, some of them have flattened and have also reduced in size, how long will it take to get rid of these completely? Is this a safe treatment ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Confirm whether they are warts or Sebaceous Cysts.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have multiple lumps over scrotal sac since long time which you think to be Warts.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Is there itching at the site of lumps?
2) Can you see white spots over the summit of lumps ?
3) is there any discharge of cheesy material from lumps ?
4) Is it possible to upload photographs of your Scrotum.

The incidence of warts on scrotum is very rare . Scrotal skin being rich in sebaceous glands is more prone to get multiple Sebaceous cysts .

Consult qualified Dermatologist or surgeon for clinical examination to confirm whether they are warts or Sebaceous cyst .

Further treatment will depend upon final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 22 minutes later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX for your response. Let me answer your questions

Answer to all of the above questions is" NO"- There is absolutely no such problem at all whatsoever
4) Is it possible to upload photographs of your Scrotum. -Yes

I have no other issues at all.

I have uploaded the pictures.

Could you please take a look.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have multiple Sebaceous Cysts over Scrotum

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for uploading photograph.

It reveals multiple Sebaceous Cyst and need to get excised .

Please consult qualified General Surgeon and get them excised in Toto .

This is a simple surgery done under local anaesthesia as a out patient procedure and offers permanent cure .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX your answer is helpful. However just one last query, are these harmful if left alone in the long run ? Though there is no issue at all today and I am enjoying normal life by God's grace.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is advisable to get rid of them

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Basically these are unhygienic cyst and if get infected may take months together to heal up.
Hence it is advisable to remove them .
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Patil.