question-icon

How long does recovery from heat exhaustion take?

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016
Question: How long is the typical recovery from heat exhaustion? Other than staying cool and hydrated what else should be done?
Answered by Dr. Phanindra Dulipala (34 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It may take around a week to get adjusted to high temperatures

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir, I have gone through your query and understood your concerns,

The Usual time you will recover from heat exhaustion is 15 minutes by the measures you are already following.

After you've recovered from heat exhaustion, you'll probably be more sensitive to high temperatures during the following week. So it's best to avoid hot weather and heavy exercise until you are adapted with temperatures

The other measures to be followed are are no over dressing or tight clothes/ No sternous work.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Phanindra Dulipala

Diabetologist