How long does recovery from abdominal tuberculosis take?
I am 30 yr old lady I was diagnosed wt abdomen tb in September I started my treatment from 08.09.15 but my pain was dere there from more than a year but i was ignoring during this course of medication only few nodes has rise up in my neck. I am very scared n worried doc has again started my medications.. As per him it's multiple.will it go completely n how much time it will take to disappear.. And does smoking n drinking create problems in treatment.
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Let me assure you that if anti TB treatment is taken in full and regularly,then one gets cured completely.
Although a six months regular course of anti tuberculosis drugs is enough to cure you but sometimes treatment is given for 9 months and even 12 months also.
Abide by what your doctor says and take complete and regular treatment.
Your symptoms shall gradually go away and by the time your treatment is complete,your symptoms would totally go away.
You would be all right completely.
Smoking should be avoided in tuberculosis because it can increase the severity of infection and can extend your Treatment time. Smoking also reduces your immunity.
As far as alcohol is concerned it again can cause problem because alcohol as well as tuberculosis medicines, both have effect on liver. So heavy consumption of alcohol should be totally avoided.
One can consume alcohol occasionally ,however always keep a check on your liver by getting your liver function tests done regularly.
I hope it helps however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How contagious is abdominal tuberculosis
- Mantoux test in abdominal tuberculosis
- Abdominal tuberculosis recovery period
- Natural cures for abdominal tuberculosis
- Nursing diagnosis for abdominal tuberculosis
- Recovery process after abdominal tuberculosis
- Pathophysiology of abdominal tuberculosis
- Is abdominal tuberculosis infertility
- Whom to consult for abdominal tuberculosis
- Antitubercular regimen for abdominal tuberculosis
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?