How long does radioactive iodine take to show effect?
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Return to euthyroid state after radioactive iodine ablation is purely variable and may return to normal in a week to months. So not sure and not possible to give you exact time frame, frequent follow ups of thyroid hormones and monitoring will sort it out.
As far as body cramps and muscle pains are concerned , yes one can feel after withdrawal or tapering from steroids. Take some ibuprofen for the relief. No worries, the effect will wear off.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Effects radioactive iodine therapy to skin
- Radioactive iodine side effects fever
- After taking radioactive iodine
- Side effect of radioactive iodine
- Effects of smoking after radioactive iodine
- Effects of radioactive iodine smoking
- Radioactive iodine effects on others
- Precautions after taking radioactive iodine
- Radioactive iodine long-term effects
- How effective is radioactive iodine