Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

How long does one have to fast before a CT scan?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16002 Questions
how long do you have to fast before a ct scan
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
3 Hours.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.

You have to fast minimum of 3 hours before the CT scan.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How long does one have to fast before a CT scan? 4 hours later
talking about possible kidney stones.husband died 8 years ago with end
renal kidney, haven't had sex for 18 years, married 38 years before
husbands death any further thoughts?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait for CT and more investigations if needed

Detailed Answer:
I do not think this history is related to your problem of blood in urine.

Is the bleeding at the start of urination / end of urination / whole urine uniformly mixed with blood ?

Are you advised Cystourethroscopy / ureteroscopy. It is possible that they may advise this as the next investigation. In this there is direct visualization of the internal organs.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor