How long does nicotine stay in the body?

Dr. Kumar Ashok

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Drug Abuse
Question: I have a swab nicotine test tomorrow is there any way that I can pass it if I do not smoke today. I just started taking Chantix to help with the cravings and your suppose to smoke the first week
Answered by Dr. Kumar Ashok 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good chance if you were occasional smoker

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

The chances of having positive or negative test depends on the quantity and duration of smoking. In case you are occasional smoker two days may be enough to get negative on swab test.

In case you are a regular smoker, then chances are very high for detecting positive as it may take 10 days to get cleared from the system.

I hope this answers you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee