How long does marijuana remain in system post withdrawal?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi, my name is XXXXXXX I had a stroke when I was 35 and I am now 39 I have been smoking marijuana on a regular basis up until nearly 3 months ago till I failed a urine test at work for some reason I still cant get it out of my system to pass a test to go back to work, would the medication I am on be the reason I take Asasantin Dipyridamole 200mg, Aspirin25mg twice a day and also Atorvastatin Lipitor 80mg once a day, looking forward to your reply
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Marijuana urine testing and false positive results

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic.

Well since it has been three months since you quit, and you have history of prolonged usage before, so in such cases normally urinary detection stays positive for months ( in some cases it is shown to stay positive for as long as 9 months ) but average individuals test positive for 3-5 months.

Some suggest using lots of water before testing dodges the test but their is no concrete evidence to it and it also depends upon every Individuals body's response and metabolic rate.

The drugs you mentioned haven't known to cause a false positive test though using other pain killers alongwith aspirin does give positive tests.

Hope it has answered your question. If you dont have more questions, kindly close the discussion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 14 minutes later
Is there any known other way to get it out of my system so I can return to work
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
How to pass the urine test for marijuana

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Some methods have shown to gave some benefits.

Drink plenty of water

Exercise regularly to sweat a lot and it may help to detoxify some metabolites which are detected in urine.

Use plenty of fluids including sports energy drinks and cranberry juice.

Using diuretic drugs and coffee to induce urine after adequate intake of water makes urine dilute and decreases concentration of metabolites which are detected in urine.

Collect a mid stream specimen in the test bottle and discard sample at start of urination.

Hope it has answered your question. Kindly close the question if no further query is required. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T