How long does it take to recover from nasal swelling caused by snorting Cocaine despite discontinuing its use?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 24 Aug 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi again.I have stoped snorting cocaine now for 3 months.However my nostrills are still swollen and it is not going away.could it be that there is puss in there and it needs to be drained out.how much longer do you thing it will last as long as i dont snort anything.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nasal swelling

Detailed Answer:

Cocaine use is associated with septal changes usually. The nasal blockage is due to nasal dryness.
If there is swelling inside the nose, it can be a septal abscess or some nasal mass. You should get yourself examined by an Ent specialist.
Please send me the picture of your nose. I can suggest you better if I get to see the pathology.
The nasal changes due to cocaine use may take 6 to 12 months for recovery and even more.
Follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D