How long does it take to recover from malaria infection?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: how long does Malaria lasts?

Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

The treatment of Malaria will depend on the type of the Malaria parasite that caused the infection.It is very important to take the right treatment ,at the right dose and the right length of time.So if he took the prescribed medication as indicated from his doctor and he doesn't have any symptom anymore ,then he is cured.
If after the treatment the symptoms reoccur ,he need to see a doctor and get examined.In this case the cause might be treatment failure due to drug resistant or he may have not taken the right treatment.
Usually malaria treatment can take few days to 1 week ,depending on the drug used.

If he doesn't have any symptoms ,the there is nothing to worry about.The infection is cured.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati
Dr. Rovena Murati