How long does it take to lower blood pressure with Lisinopril?
Diastolic hypertension;changes in diet&lifested advised with lisinopril
I understand your concern.
You are saying to be suffering of hypertension and just yesterday started taking lisinopril.
Your bp ranges from:
- systolic 157 to 134
- diastolic 100
As your diastolic bp remains at 100 range, this is a case for diastolic hypertension too. You just started therapy with lisinopril; but it would need more time to get your diastolic bp down.
Apart lisinopril, I'd advise to make some changes in your diet and lifestyle that would help bring both of your bp back to normal range:
- limit salt intake
- try to be more physically active
- if you are overweight, try to lose weight
- limit oily/fatty/fried foods
- control your cholesterol level and get it treated if it is high
- measure your blood sugar
- try to control stress
The real changes would be notable after 1 month of applying such changes and taking medication. Within the next 3 months, you'll see your bp will be back to normal again.
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How long does it take garlic to lower blood pressure
- How long does blood pressure medication take to stabilize blood pressure
- How long does it take omega 3 to work to lower blood pressure
- How long does it take a diuretic to lower blood pressure
- How long does it take exercise to lower blood pressure
- How long does it take for fish oil to lower blood pressure
- How long does lasix take to work to lower blood pressure
- How long does it take for diovan to lower blood pressure
- Will taking lisinopril lower my blood pressure
- Lisinopril not lowering blood pressure
- May have a mild attack of gout. Red and swollen. Uric acid was slightly...
- Over weight. Having lot of hair on face. What can be wrong?
- What are the chances of getting diabetes for a person having chronic...
- Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood...
- Took 5 mg of propranolol. Will there be any side effects?
- Itching sensation all over body. Noticed blood under tongue. Are they...
- Having mild to moderate pain after root canal treatment. Could this be...
- Have diarrhoea and diagnosed with Cryptosporidiosis. Anything serious?
- Pain in left thigh, testicular pain, dizziness and nausea. Pain radiates...
- Taking nexium and having stomach upset. How long should I take nexium?