How long does it take for a stye to disappear?

Question
I have a very painfull stye. This morning the little white pimple popped but now the bump has gotten bigger with a hard bump and also I am having an ear ache. Are they related? I have been hot compressing my eye but hard to do at work along with some eye drops. Advice. When do I get concerned?
5 days ago in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Continue warm compress

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern

The white bump you noticed and ear pain is likely due to infected stye. You can continue hot compress. You can also take Advil 400 mg 3 times for pain. If the pain and swelling does not decrease in next 24 hours, please be advised to follow up with your primary provider or urgent care.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here.

Dr.Lekshmi