How long does it take for a partial knee replacement to heal?
Shorter recovery period within 2 weeks.
Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.
Postoperative recovery of a partial knee replacement depends on the quantity of bone removed during surgery and soft tissue trauma.
Usually the recovery is within 2 weeks.
Regular physiotherapy for strengthening of the leg muscles helps in faster recovery.
If you experience pain the main reasons may be blood clot(Deep vein thrombosis) and infections.
Consult your doctor to rule out them and treatment with anticoagulant and antibiotics may be needed if they are present.
Hope the answer helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Problems after partial knee replacement
- Swelling after partial knee replacement
- Age for partial knee replacement
- Oxford partial knee replacement recovery
- Partial knee replacement surgery
- Oxford partial knee replacement surgeons
- Are long walks recommended post total knee replacement
- Knee replacement how long is operation
- Partial knee replacement recovery timeline
- Healing stages of knee replacement
- Did not get BCG vaccine. Child 2 years now. Does it protect from...
- Diabetes under control with diet, have tingling on toes and fingers. How...
- Kindly describe the food habits to be adopted for diabetic?
- Having blood suagar, what diet should I take?
- Took 70 u of short instead of 70u of Lantus. What should I do?
- Experiencing head cold, nosebleed and spit out blood after filler...
- What is the reason of person being diabetic at small age?
- Diagnosed with increased blood sugar level. Recommendation?
- Had total hip replacement surgery. Having severe pain since surgery....
- Having sneezing, hay fever, sore throat and hard to swallow. Feeling...