How long does it take for Prozac to get eliminated from the body after stopping?
Prozac has a half life of 4 days in the body. This means that by the 8th day, we are own to 25% of the ingested dose. This is minimal dose and wouldn't be expected to have any significant action whatsoever on the health of the patient.
All side effects related to this drug should also take a significant regression over this same time frame.
I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well.
Dr. Ivo Ditah,
Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it safe to take prozac for seizures
- How long does prozac take to leave the body
- Is it safe to take bystolic with prozac
- Anxiety depression taking prozac
- Taking pristiq and prozac together
- Taking prozac for pms
- Taking prozac drinking alcohol
- Taking concerta and prozac together
- Long use of prozac
- Side effects of stopping prozac
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?