question-icon

How long does it take Vermox to lower the white cell count post treatment for pinworms?

Posted on Wed, 26 Sep 2018
Question: How long would vermox lower white cell count post single 100mg treatment for pinworms?

I took vermox 1 week before getting a flu recently.
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
I think that this situation is more related to the flu.

Detailed Answer:

You should know that Vermox can lower white blood cell counts when taken for a long time and at doses higher than normal.

So, based on this and the fact that you have taken a normal dose of Vermox, I think that your situation (low WBC) is more related to the flu than Vermox.
It is known that flu can usually cause low WBC and lymphopenia from 3-5 days.

I hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Monika Dede, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist