How long does it generally take to develop six pack abs?

Excellent

Rheumatologist
Question
How long does it generally take to develop six pack abs? I have started ab exercises recently (about 1 month approx.)
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Exercise

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follows

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it depends on the amount of endurance training but at least 3 months are required for muscles to bulk up but it cannot be applied to everybody as it will depend on the type of exercises and hours of training .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: How long does it generally take to develop six pack abs? 5 minutes later
I'm doing crunches and reverse crunches for 1 hour every other day. How long would it take to develop six pack abs? Should I avoid some specific foods?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

With this much amount of training I think you would be able to appreciate the abdominal muscles in 3 months . Have a high protein diet and avoid saturated fats . Instead have omega 3 fats which are good for health .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: How long does it generally take to develop six pack abs? 7 minutes later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX One more Q. Any suggestions on actual foods that I should take - chicken, oats, almonds etc?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

You should have lean meat and avoid having fried chicken dishes , oats , almonds are always good for XXXXXXX , you can take them always .

Eggs are complete protein and should be taken , avoid refined sugars , caffeine containing drinks and carbonated drinks .

Dr. Shruti

Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX for all your quick answers. Appreciate it.
Thanks, XXXX

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 37 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Its a pleasure if I would have been of any help to you.

Dr. Shruti