How long does fractured finger take to completely heal?

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: it's been 7 weeks for my broken middle finger. how much longer until it's is 100% healed?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
about 6 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query, saw the attached image,

Usually, if the fractures bone is immobilized well, with the fractured fragments in the right place with good contact, it should heal in about 6 weeks (noted your concern as it's already been 7 weeks).

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Thank you Dr. Aashish XXXXXXX
It has been 7 weeks since the incident happened. My concern is why I can't make it a whole fist it's still swollen.
Is my tendon separated?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Joint stiffness due to prolonged immobilisation

Detailed Answer:
Usually joint movement should have been encouraged from 4th week onwards. Because of the delay, the joints have gotten stiff.

You need to pursue physiotherapy for 2 months to get back appreciable joint movement.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj