How long does an injured cuff take to heal post rotator cuff surgery?
Back to normal in 6-8 weeks.
After a rotator cuff surgery, the area usually heals in 4-6 weeks.
You can start running after 6 weeks and even can do stressful shoulder activities after 8-10 weeks. You need to have a healthy diet and proper physiotherapy to get back to your normal routine early.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sleeping after rotator cuff surgery
- Recovery after rotator cuff surgery
- Driving after rotator cuff surgery
- Nerve damage rotator cuff surgery
- Manipulation after rotator cuff surgery
- Rotator cuff surgery recovery sling
- Pt after rotator cuff surgery
- Problems with rotator cuff surgery
- Rotator cuff surgery and driving
- Dressing after rotator cuff surgery
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?