How long does a tendon tear of 1.3cm take to heal?
Surgery is best option for you.
Thanks for posting your query.
A more than partial thickness tear of a tendon is difficult to heal spontaneously. In your case since it is a near full thickness tear, it is not likely to heal if you continue to do the daily activities. The measurement of 0.8 cm varies with the total thickness of the tendon. Repeated steroid injections locally can cause further weakening of the tendon causing a rupture. Surgery is the best option in your case. It is a simple procedure and is successful in more than 95% cases.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
You can continue mild activity.
Thanks for writing again.
Continuing mild physical activity and all painless activities will cause any further damage. Use an elastic brace for support till then.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to take care of tendons
- How long does tendonitis last
- Semimembranosus tendon tear treatment
- How long does cipro tendonitis last
- Tendonitis not healing
- Hamstring tendon tear symptoms
- Semimembranosus tendon tear
- Tear in shoulder tendon
- How long for tendon stitches to dissolve
- How to heal levaquin tendonitis
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?