How long does a ligament damage take to be diagnosed?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have a Colles fracture in right wrist was displaced and manipulated in ER last Saturday now waiting for appointment with orthopedist dr tomorrow, Friday. I am a pianist and organist. . Circulation OK but unable to bend first joint of fingers and knuckles still swollen. Is there a time constraint on finding out if I have ligament damage i.e. It will be six days tomorrow.
YYYY@YYYY

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The associated ligaments also heal in about 6 weeks ,along with fracture.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am DR Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
When you have colle's fracture then normally there is associated ligament damage but if the fracture heals in proper position then ligaments also heal in position .
Normally fracture takes about 6 weeks to heal and after that physiotherapy is started. Ligaments also heal with fracture.
Swelling will go down gradually if Plaster is not tight. You will know about it tomorrow.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.