Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

How long does a ligament damage take to be diagnosed?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 908 Questions
I have a Colles fracture in right wrist was displaced and manipulated in ER last Saturday now waiting for appointment with orthopedist dr tomorrow, Friday. I am a pianist and organist. . Circulation OK but unable to bend first joint of fingers and knuckles still swollen. Is there a time constraint on finding out if I have ligament damage i.e. It will be six days tomorrow.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The associated ligaments also heal in about 6 weeks ,along with fracture.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am DR Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
When you have colle's fracture then normally there is associated ligament damage but if the fracture heals in proper position then ligaments also heal in position .
Normally fracture takes about 6 weeks to heal and after that physiotherapy is started. Ligaments also heal with fracture.
Swelling will go down gradually if Plaster is not tight. You will know about it tomorrow.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor