How long does a bone marrow biopsy testing take?
It depends entirely on the workload of the laboratory. A week is enough!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about these disturbing results and the investigations for a possible myelodysplastic syndrome. I have reviewed your health records and there is need for a bone biopsy to understand why your blood cell numbers are not entirely correct. How soon the results return depends on the workload of the laboratory. For convenience purposes, a week is enough for all the preparation and reading to be done. However, if the laboratory has so much work to do with few staff, this might take longer. The best way would be to contact the laboratory and find out why the results are taking longer if it has been more than a week already. Just exercise some patience and up to the 12th of this May before asking them about your results.
I understand the anxiety in waiting but you are almost there already. I wish you the best of possible outcome and treatment options.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Inconclusive bone marrow biopsy
- Bone marrow biopsy recovery time
- Bone marrow biopsy pain
- Bone marrow trephine biopsy
- Bone marrow biopsy pain level
- How to heal bone marrow biopsy mediated injury
- Pain after bone marrow biopsy
- Reasons for bone marrow biopsy
- Bone marrow biopsy megaloblastic changes
- Bone marrow biopsy chromosome analysis blood cancer
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?