How long does Vitamin D3 supplement take to show effect?

Dr. Rovena Murati

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: hi
i am suffering from low vitamin d and doctor ask me to take vitamin d3 my question is that when i will feel better i have been taking vitamin d3 2000iu everyday now its been 5days
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below,

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I read carefully your query.

5 days are very early to notice any improvement in your symptoms.Vitamins and supplement need time to show their effect.The level of Vit D in your blood will increase gradually withe the intake of Vit D supplement and your symptoms will start to improve.
This may take few weeks up to few months.You need to be patient.

Hope it helps.
Please feel free to ask for every question you might have.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati
Follow up: Dr. Rovena Murati 3 minutes later
Thanks. Is Due to low vitamin d that i cant sollow the siliva and pain in between my chest
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Vitamin D deficiency can cause symptoms like bone pain,muscle weakness,fatigue ,loss of appetite, weight loss etc.

So your chest pain might be a symptoms of Vit D deficiency due to muscle and bone pain.Vit D deficiency can cause dry mouth and this can make swallowing difficult.
It would be good to discuss these symptoms with your treating doctor for proper evaluation.A detailed medical history and physical examination are necessary to exclude other causes for your symptoms.

Dr.Rovena
Follow up: Dr. Rovena Murati 4 minutes later
Thanks for your answer
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

You are welcome.

I wish you all the best.

Dr.Rovena
Follow up: Dr. Rovena Murati 1 hour later
Hi again
Can i have panadol to relife my pain ll it be k if i take with vitamin d supplement?
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes,you can take Panadol

Detailed Answer:
Hello .

Yes,you can use Panadol to ease the pain.Panadol contains paracetamol.It doesn't interact with Vitamin D supplement .

Dr.Rovena