question-icon

How long does Vicodin remain in the system?

Posted on Mon, 30 Nov 2015
Question: I AM COMING OFF OF VICADIN, AND BEING PUT ON NUCYNTA...HOW LONG DOES VICADIN STAY IN MY SYSTEM, AND WILL IT INTERACT WITH THE DIFFERENT PAIN MED.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
No interaction if vicodin being stopped.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Vicodin and nucynta both are opioid painkillers and may increase potency of each other and increase sedation if used in combination. However , vicodin has half life of only 3 to 4 hours. So it must be off of your system in a day. So stopping vicodin and continuing nucynta would not be a problem in guise of interaction etc.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan