How long does Valium stay in the body?

Question
I have a prescription for Xanax for anxiety and it has been working great. The other day I really messed-up, I took (3) - 10 milligram Valium. I have a urinalysis test in five days and I am wondering if the Valium will show positive on the test. Is there anything that I can do?
Thank you
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Test may come positive , Depends

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Benzodiazapines overdose is not lethal or morbid so no antidote needed in acute slight overdosages . Half life of the drug is 20- 70 hours which make it likely to come positive in urine tests in a five days but that depends on the type of test used.
If you are being tested utilizing, for instance, a specimen cup or dip test done in the office with result occurring in 5-10 minutes, your test results are "presumptive".....meaning that it is not the final word. The cutoffs on these tests are very high, and cross reactives are rare, but not uncommon. HOWEVER, the next step to any presumptive test, is confirmation done at a properly accredited confirmation lab using LC/MS instrumentation. The cutoffs are much lower, the insturmentation is much more sensitive, and your diazepam will be specifically identified and confirmed with a NG/ML measurement. This is standard practice in drug testing, and is used in court systems, as well as primary care practice. Health plans typically cover this type of testing, and results are considered legally defensible.

Nut shell, test may come positive in five days but if pee in a cup is used then 50 - 50. Inform your doctor about it and see if he can help you with it.
I hope it helps.Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Khan