How long does Restoralax will take to be effective?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: how long for restoralax will it take to work.Iam taking it now and two mvements first day but small, not a lot of stool and very slow.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What are you suffering from? Constipation or Diarrhea?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

It is no clear from the above information what the problem is. Are you having difficulties with constipation or with diarrhea? It sounds logical that the issue should be constipation and that is what restoralax and lactulose are used for. Restoralax would normally provide full action within 2-3days. If you develop diarrhea while taking a laxative, then you may have to reduce the dose because of this. So if you have diarrhea at this time, reduce the dose of restoralax and monitor to see if this is solved.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 23 minutes later
I was told I had a blockage and given lactulose and said to stay on it till I get three regular movements whicw hasent happened. I cut back but then could not go. Now 30 ml once a day and lots of diarrhes. now trying restoalax.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
STOP lactulose and restoralax!

Detailed Answer:

Stop both medications and get regular stools before returning to them. When you do restart, go first with small doses and increase progressively to get the desired number of stools per day.

I wish you well and let me know how this plays out.