How long does Patanol eye drops to show effect?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Thank you, Dr. Bhavsar, for following up and asking about our health status. My daughter started on Patanol eye drops, and I was wondering how long it will be before we see an "effect"? So far, her eyes remain red. Also, if this doesn't work, what would you recommend?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to consult ophalmologist.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Patanol is having antihistamine drug (olopatadine).
It's effect usually seen in 2-3 days of use.
So in my opinion, you should definitely consult ophalmologist for your daughter 's red eyes and find out the cause.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your daughter. Thanks.