• question-icon

How long does Naxdom remain in the system for a urine test?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi, I have taken 5tablets of nexdom 500 after drinking alcohol, then I have stomach pain like cramps. I have not discussed with Dr that I have taken the medicines, the dr found ulcers and prescribed the medicines after 1week of medicine I have bleeding and cloting in my urine, the emergency doctors have prescribed the different antibiotics. I have done a urine culture after 10 days and still exist the e coli bacteria. They have changed my medines again and tomorrow is my repeat urine test, I have also a pituitary tumors which increases prolactin levels found in last year. What can I do now?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Drink plenty of fluids; upload urine culture report...

Detailed Answer:

E coli is sometimes a contaminant and not the precise cause of infection. I would like to know the colony count of E coli. If you have urine culture report, please upload it here.

I assume you are speaking of the tablet Naxdom 500mg which contains naproxen, a pain medication. Multiple dosage coupled with alcohol could be the cause of stomach ulcers. It may or may not be the cause of bleeding. Are you still bleeding from urine?

In the current context, I will encourage you take medications as instructed. I presume you are advised to take acid lowering medications along with antibiotic. Drink plenty of fluids and avoid over the counter drugs, spices and beverages.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Prasad