How long does Methamphetamine stay in the body?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Drug Abuse
Question: someone smoked a proximity 2grams of methamphetamine's every other week or more for 6 months then nothing for 3 weeks, is a woman with low iron and over weight by 40lbs (weight 177lbs) and then smoked less then a gram again over a 3 day period would it show on a cbc test 2 days after using?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Brief answer....methamphetamine is not detected in CBC test
Detailed answer.....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
A routine CBC test doesn't test for methamphetamine.
However it can be detected in urine up to 72 hours and from 2-10 days in blood after last use,but it has to be specifically looked into it.
A routine test like CBC doesn't look for methamphetamine and so never reported.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 22 hours later
OK well that's not what I was told yesterday. I'm more concerned about my iron levels. they are very low because my regular mentioned I would be in almost contraction for 2 days then gush for 24 house and probably loss at least a cup pf blood and extremely large clots, so we tried depo to lessen it but it made me bleed every day for over 3 month I was to get another cshot but decided against it. when I wax prescribed the depo I got put on the waiting 6month waiting list
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Your query suggests that you have continuous vaginal bleeding along with anaemia. One is bound to be anaemic if she is bleeding regularly for many months.
What you need....
You need to get to the basic cause for your bleeding which could be a mechanical problem like fibroid or polyp or a hormonal problem like some thyroid disease or adrenal hyperplasia or some pituitary problem etc.
Get the ultrasound uterus and an endometrial biopsy done for diagnosis.
Stop or reduce bleeding by depot injections or by use of birth control pills.
Increase your iron levels by eating iron rich foods and regular consumption of regular pills.
I hope it helps however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 16 hours later
I've been seeing a doctor for the last year because I have been having extreme menstrual cycleso for the past couple years. You are correct for fibroids, lesions, precancerous cells, thyroid (was killed by radioactive iodine 9 years ago ) was diagnosed with hpv virus 1yr ago but last pap came back negative for that.

My menstrual cycle was basically this..... spot and have back pain for a day or two and then nothing to at anytime start up again usually half a day later. But then wow. It's like my pipes are plugged off and literally having contractions, extremely painful. I would then just literally have my entire cycle in 1 day. EXTREAMLY heavy, I can't leave the toilet. Probably losting about 2tsp an hour and blood clots thy size off a small chickens egg.

My doctor decided to go with the endometrial ablation. But it was a 6th month waiting. He put me on depo while I wait for a date.

Meanwhile it's 4 months later and having been bleeding for all of that 4 months and not spotting. (I see my family doctor every 3month) my regular Doctor recommended blood work and it came back that my iron has gone really really low. I've been taking them a week. 300mg twice a date with food

I got the call 2 days ago that I can fill a cancellation this Tuesday. But not sure if they will do it because of my iron levels

If not Tuesday I wait until XXXXXXX
Hello, XXXXXXX is far off. Don't cancel it and better to go ahead with it,if your doc agrees.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
I talked to my doctor's office and they don't seem worried about it so it booked for tomorrow am. I now have to go get my blood work done
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 minutes later
That's a good news. Go ahead and best of luck.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 days later
Well i had my surgery yesterday with absolutely no complications. I actually feel better today then I have . I had maybe a couple hours of cramping while still at the hospital they gave me some t3s I slept for 2 hours and went home witch is a 2 hour drive. I took a couple advilooking when I got home. I went into the procedure with having mentral cramps for the last 4 days prior and today I have absolutely none. I feel better than I did.

I have more questions about methamphetamine and i feel comfortable with you as a doctor and would like to continue with some questions but I would have to give you more of my medical background and lifestyle would you be interested in continuing our conversations
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Really good to know that you are better now.
You are most welcome to ask any query any time. I would try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.
God bless you.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng