How long does Methamphetamine stay in the body?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have RA and did meth 2 times a week for 2 weeks. I have an infusion of Actemra scheduled for Thursday. The LAST TIME I did meth was last Friday. Will any blood work such as liver enzyme be affected? How long does it stay in my system?

I do not use alcohol

Also would it show on urine or blood test?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Methamphetamines stay in the system for about 7 days. It is possible that liver enzymes may be affected, as amphetamines are metabolized in the liver. Methamphetamines are routinely detected in urine drug screens for up to 7 days. Typically blood tests are not done to detect methamphetamines in the blood. I strongly, strongly recommend not using meth ever again.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T