• question-icon

How long does Methamphetamine remain in the system for a drug test?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Drug Abuse
Question: how can i pass a meth drug test tomorrow at 8 am

Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question to HCM.

Once Methamphetamine is used, it is detected in the urine for up to three to five days. It is most reliably detected up to three days after last use. Once meth is in the system, there is no scientific way to speed up its exit from the system -- it has to be metabolized by the liver, which will take three to five days to happen.

Drinking water does not speed up liver metabolism at all. There are no hormones or supplements that will speed up metabolism. It always takes three to five days. The only way to make sure you don't test positive on a meth urine screen is to abstain from using meth, or to be tested outside the detectable window of three to five days.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist