How long does Klonopin take to reach plasma after its intake?

Nephrologist
Question
How long after ingestion would it take for a dose of Klonopin to reach 70 ng/ ml in body fluid? (Saliva)
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Depends on the dose...

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Klonopin contains clonazepam. The time taken to reach plasma levels depends on the dose you are on. May I know the dose that you are currently on and since when.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: How long does Klonopin take to reach plasma after its intake? 8 hours later
I am not on Klonopin. I have been drug tested monthly (saliva) for four months with negative results. I suddenly had a positive test for Klonopin at 70 ng/ml, 10 days after a clean test. I have not taken Klonopin, and have done follow-up hair testing, with negative results. I am putting a package together to dispute the results of the test.

Hypothetically; If I had never taken Klonopin, but took it the day of the test, how long would it take to reach 70 ng/kl, and how long would it stay at that level without any further ingestion?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the reply, I am sorry for the short delay in my reply to you.

It is a difficult question which you have posed, the absorption of Klonopin and metabolism depends on various things including diet, time you have taken the tablet, whether on empty stomach, along with food, your body weight, etc

However in an ideal situation, going by the pharmacokinetics , the drug level would be at therapeutic range ( 20-70 ng/ml) by 12 hours of taking the drug.