How long does Fepanil take to show effect?

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: My 2.5 years baby suffering from fever . Given fepanil125 3 ml . How much time will it take to minimize the temperature
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks like viral illness - may take 3-4 days

Detailed Answer:
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day. If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes it will there for 3-4 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.
Paracetamol can be given in the dose of 15mg/kg/dose (maximum ceiling dose of 500mg) every 4-6th hourly that too only if fever is more than 100F. I suggest not using combination medicines for fever, especially with Paracetamol.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,